Chapter 11

Expressionism-

This is a type of artistic style where artist seek the subjective emotions and responses that certain objects and different events bring out in a person.  Artist normally create this type of art through distortion, exaggeration, and fantasy.  Expressionism started to become more noticeable in the 19th century.  This was because this type of art allowed a lot of people to express themselves in ways they couldn't before.

I chose this video because I have heard about expressionism before and actually had an Idea of the concept.  I thought the video was dry but I learned some cool stuff that I didn't know before.


The Impact of Cubism-
 Cubism is a revolutionary type of modern art that was developed by Picasso and Braques. This was the first type of abstract art to exist. This art created responses that changed the world.  This type of art was created with the intentions to bring back some Western art traditions. Cubist were able to challenge the traditional forms of representation and bring about new ways of perceiving art.

I selected this video because I have never heard of this and I was very interested in it. It was interesting and definitely more lively than the other video I watched. I had no trouble understanding it and really had my full attention on it the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 9

Module 15 - Guernica

Module 8